Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Morning Snuggles


I realized this morning how much I  going to miss morning D snuggles when they are gone. They have already dwindled over the last year to a mere shadow of what they were. He used to wake up and come find me in the house and then sit and snuggle in my lap for 20 to 30 minutes. I loved it because it might be all of the affection I got for that day because he has never been a sit still or snuggly kiddo. 

In the last year it has progressed to him either waking up and climbing into my bed and pretending to sleep on my pillow from 45 seconds to 2 minutes, or just pouncing on me saying "It's morning time!" On the days that he pretends to sleep, I pretend to ignore that he is snuggling in close and he pretends he isn't snuggling. 

The really rare days are the ones when he still comes and finds me and curls up in my lap for a few minutes. When his little head is tucked under my head and he is all curled up in my lap. I try to really soak up those quiet moments. To take in the feel of his soft fluffy hair, his warm little body not in full motion, his desire to be curled up against me, his hand laying on mine in that little protective way of saying "You are my momma.", and knowing it is one of the few times he won't fight kisses on the top of his head. 

It won't be long before he doesn't need those quiet moments at all to reconnect and make sure I am still here. It won't be long before he is too long to fit in my lap anymore. Until then I am going to enjoy them while I can. 

No comments: