Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Projects: Spray Painting Cabinet


Welcome to Day 2 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!

Today's project is a simple one. Today has also been extremely busy and this was one of the faster projects I could get done today. When we redid the guest bathroom we took out the cabinet that held the toilet paper. It was a dark bamboo wood and just didn't fit in with the new light bathroom.


So, a fast and easy solution was to just spray paint it white and add it back into the bathroom. Yay for spray paint!


Yes, I did spray paint it sitting on that chair. My table that I normally spray paint stuff on had other projects on it that didn't need white spray paint. The chair on the other hand is something I spray painted this summer. A fresh coat of white wouldn't hurt it in the least.


I went with a satin finish for the cabinet. I like it have a mildly shiny look and it will resist moisture a little bit better. The wicker actually took the paint fairly well. I am going to give it a couple of days and I might give it another coat if the dark brown is seeping through. Though, I normally don't have that problem with the Rustoleum primer+paint.


Back in its' home in the bathroom. It is the perfect size to store toilet paper, but not be in the walkway too much. The white looks much better in there now.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Great idea :) It's going to blend so much better now.