Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 Projects: Owl Door Hanger


Welcome to Day 26 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!

Today was spent working on small things. AJ had Amy come over to help on a bigger project that I will post about later. I worked on something I had seen in Pinterest. 


I have seen this owl going around Pinterest for a while, and I so wanted one. I figured I could make one since I had all the supplies. So, I dove in head first.


I started by creating a pattern. I am not the best at free hand drawing. Luckily, I can generally get it done. I had to make an outer pattern and a smaller version for the inset.


I used burlap, an old pillow case as the inset, and some dark brown ribbing material for the outer eyes. I used plastic shopping bags as the stuffing. This was two fold because the owl was going outside and I had a bunch that I wanted to try see how they worked as stuffing.


I added a bow tie as the finishing touch, because bow ties are cool. It makes me really happy he has a bow tie. It helped me learn how to make bow ties which works well for a future idea.


I love my owl. I think he came out great. He is a very fun addition to our porch. I think he is going to become our Fall door "wreath" from now on.

 

1 comment:

ashley said...

Bow ties are cool!!!! ;-)