Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Projects: Kitchen, Day 9


Welcome to Day 16 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!

I  am apologizing up front today. I don't have any pictures from today's projects. There is a good reason, so read on.

Today saw some progress. I got the dry wall suitable for me today. I still spent the day mudding and sanding. Seriously, at the moment, caulking is starting to look like a blast compared to fixing dry wall. I even got some more of the wall painted.

I played with fabric today in the kitchen. I wasn't happy with the open glass doors above the coffee bar. Moving the cabinets up changed where things needed to go so that I could still reach things. That means that it isn't as organized as I would like it. So, I played with different fabrics on the back of the glass. I finally settled on backing them with burlap. 

AJ also spent the night working on the lighting. It was definitely a slower project than we thought it would be. The kitchen is an addition to the original house, and therefore the wiring is a bit frustrating. We needed to get the lights put back up because I have been working with very little lighting. We had one florescent light and the stove vent lights. It is hard to work or cook with just those. 

The lighting is also the reason I don't have any pictures. I tried to take some while AJ had the power off to that part of the house, and with just my camera flash the pictures are bad. I was hoping the lights wouldn't take as long as they are, so that i could get some real pictures. I am just to tired to stay up and do that. I will have pictures tomorrow in daylight.

No comments: