Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!
I am exhausted today. That probably isn't the way I should start out this post, but I am tired. We started off the day by having to dry all the boards that spent the night outside. They were covered in dew. Once they were dry we sanded out the doors and drawers that the sprayer goofed up. Once they were sanded and wiped down, I painted them again with the roller. I also painted our upper cabinets.
While they were drying AJ and I primed the inside base cabinets. It seemed like we got everything was painted and then we would turn around and find another place that needing priming. Finally we got done with priming and ate lunch while it dried. Then it was on to the actual paint part.
We had initially thought to put bead board on the back of all the long stretches in the kitchen, but had it pointed out to us that we might not want to clean all the groves as they get dirty. Very good point. So, we decided to paint the long stretches with the paint. After we saw how well the roller was working it was a go!
AJ started putting the doors that were dry back up and the other upper cabinets. That made me really excited! It is starting to look like everything is going to work out well. I am excited to see what everything looks like when it is done. Tomorrow we should have all the cabinets back up. We are hoping to get the counters poured and the back splash up and concreted, too.