Welcome to Day 20 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!
So, so, so close today on the kitchen. I was so hopeful we would be able to call it done today, but no. We are done with the construction part though!!! I am beyond excited about that. It means we can put away most of the work supplies.
Like I said, we were so close to being done, but the lighting continued to be a problem. When AJ tried to cut the acrylic covers it just cracked and shattered. We went round and round with how to cut it. He even went back to Home Depot and bought a plastic cutting knife hoping it would work. It helped, but the acrylic still cracked. Finally, we called my dad and he suggested cutting it with a dremel tool. We did that and it worked much better. The next problem we ran into was the cover boxes were the wrong size. Ugh! So, we had to make another run to get more wood. When we got back AJ started all over on remaking the boxes.
While all this was going on I was working on the concrete around the sink. I finally learned how to get it to work right. Yay!!! I got it shaped and nice and smooth. Once it was dry I got the sealer on to it. It looked good, but it did dry a little darker than the other counters. I don't know why, but it did. Luckily, it isn't that much darker and it looks good.
I wish I had more to show today, but most of the work was finishing up and cleaning the kitchen. Since I have a very clean kitchen right now I am going to post those pictures. Tomorrow will be spent decorating and getting the lights re-stained and installed. So, enjoy the clean kitchen pictures.