Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 Projects: Craft Room, Day 2 - The Reveal






Welcome to Day 24 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!

Today I worked in the craft room again. I made so much progress today. I am so happy about this. I am ready to get to work on projects in a good work environment. 

I painted two of the walls in the room. I probably would have painted the third, but I ran out of paint. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but today I actually made the grey paint I used from some black and white paint we had already. The fourth wall isn't really a wall and I can't move the shelves that are in front of the tiny piece of wall, so that wasn't getting painted anyway. 

I did use the tiny bit of paint I had left to paint a bookcase. We picked this up on the side of the road back in Gainesville. It is functional, but it was this odd cream color. It never fit in and I was tired of looking at it. So, paint it got. It also got the backboard covered. I used wrapping paper from IKEA. I love their wrapping paper. It is fun.

I cleaned out another bag of trash and some more stuff to pass back to my mom. I also spray painted the moving boxes I had navy blue. I think this room is going towards a navy and orange theme. Not really for any good reason, but that is what I had and it is working. On the boxes I added a stripe of the wrapping paper to break up the navy. I still need to make labels for what is in the boxes.


I even managed to get my sewing table cleaned up. I am still not finished with this side of the room, but it is clean now. I am having a hard time coming up with decoration for it. I did put some pictures up behind my sewing machine. I also found one of my Poppa's wooden measure sticks. I put one of the pictures of Drew from his two year photo shoot in there. It made me very happy.

 

Before & After
:

Before! 

After!


2 comments:

IGotBupkis said...

}}} I think this room is going towards a navy and orange theme. Not really for any good reason, but that is what I had and it is working.

Gator colors!! (close enough!)

:-D

Molly said...

It makes AJ happy and in this house those colors are always welcome. :D