Wednesday, October 23, 2013

31 Projects: Craft Room, Day 1





Welcome to Day 23 of 31 Projects: House to Home 2013!

Today I started tackling my craft room. I honestly thought this was going to be a one day project, but when I got into it that isn't going to happen. There is a lot more to do than I thought. The craft room frequently turns into a dumping room for everything else that is going on in the house. It was where stuff got stored until the laundry room and shed got organized. Now that I am working on this room I am moving out that stuff. Yay!




I started by hauling all the stuff out that was on the floor. That took a while. I also found out I had a lot of fabric. This wasn't fabric that was put away, but stuff that I swear just magically appeared. I piled it all onto the kitchen table to sort through.


I worked on sorting through all my old scrapbook supplies. I decided that anything I haven't used in a couple of years. It didn't make sense to hold on stuff I am not using or anything that I have upgraded. My Cricut and Silhouette have replaced most of my cutters and die machines. 



I cleared out two giant bags of trash, two giant bags of fabric, and several small bags of scrapbook supplies. I also moved out all the random shelves that were piled up in my craft room. There was some really random stuff in my craft room. I am happy to have it all out. 

 
 I moved my work table over by my sewing machine. I am not sure how I like it there, but it does make more sense to have my cutting and ironing area by the sewing machine. I am probably going to move the bookcase to the free wall now. 


I have this idea to spray paint these moving boxes and use them as storage inside my big wall unit. They fit perfectly and they are the only thing I have found that does fit that nicely. 

I do want to get everything cleaned up. I also want to potentially paint and decorate the room, but painting might have to wait. I don't think I can get that done while AJ is at work and I am home by myself with Drew. He likes to help paint.

No comments: