Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Celebrating Great Grandma!


AJ's grandma, Dorothy, celebrated her 85th birthday recently. Sue and Marilyn (AJ's mom and aunt) threw a really fun party for her at the community center where they live. We had cake and ice cream and got to hear some neat stories about Dorothy's life.


The theme was beach and summer fun and there were some really cute table decorations.
 I loved the colors used. They were so cheery.


Drew stole Mamie's sunglasses to get into the party feel.


Dorothy blowing out her candles. 


 Drew enjoying the cake and ice cream.


Sue and Marilyn, our hostesses.


 I loved these fun glasses that were scattered around. I am so glad I got this picture.


 I love this one. Jim's (Dorothy's husband) smile at Dorothy wearing the glasses just makes me happy.


The other fun thing scattered around was bubbles. They were a huge hit, too. I loved seeing all the smiles as people were playing with them and trying to remember how to blow bubbles. Drew thought it was great that there were so many people willing to blow bubbles for him.


We had a great time at the party. I am so glad we got to go and celebrate with family.  It was great seeing everyone again, especially because Marilyn isn't in Florida for the summer and we don't get to see her often. I am really thankful that Drew lives near family and can help us celebrate special events with them.

Happy Birthday, Dorothy!!!


No comments: