Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weight Loss Caveman Style - Week 5

Photo Credit
I am into week 5 of this journey. This week has been the roughest yet. We have had lots of stress here and I am just beat. I gave in and ate some of Drew's M&M's because I wanted the chocolate so bad. I also had about 5 pieces of fried white potato fries. Neither of these was that bad in and on its own, but I don't want to get into those habits. 

I am still not craving sugar, but I am getting to the point that I want some. I still haven't had a soda since January 1st. I am having moments of thinking I want a Coke, but I know that is a weak spot for me. So, I don't really want to open that can of worms.

I finished my first solo 5k this weekend. I am really proud of the way it went. I finished it at 55:22, and averaged under a 15 minute mile. That is a big new accomplishment for me. It was harder not having someone to do it with, but it showed me I can over come the negative voices in my head and push through on my own.

We also had the Super Bowl this weekend. Though we were supposed to have people over, that fell through. I stilled wanted to make traditional junky food for it. I compromised. I found some yummy recipes and made  Plain Chicken's Where's The Crust Pizza. It smelled amazing cooking. I also made these breadsticks. They were so simple! They look like real breadsticks, too! For dessert I made PaleOMG's Sweet Potato Brownies. I forgot the chocolate chips, but they are still brownies! It was a great compromise instead of ordering that large Domino's pizza I wanted.

Pizza and apples for lunch after the Super Bowl.
I officially crossed the first 10 lb mark this week. I am still grumpy at myself that it is being slow, but I just have to keep reminding myself at least I am losing and it has been a while since I lost 10 lbs. I am feeling a little stronger and at least one pair of my pants is getting a little loser. I am wondering when I will be able to start seeing a difference. I think I figured out what I want as a reward for my little goal, a new arm band for my phone. That seems a good reward.

Weight Loss This Week : -1.5 lbs
Weight Loss Total : -10.6 lbs
C25k : Week 3 Day 1


No comments: