Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Projects: Weekend Update


I realized today that we are almost through the month of October. I am not sure where this month has gone. I also realized that I haven't posted in a couple of days. I feel like a slacker. I have all the normal excuses - back out, teething munchkin, and crazy business, none are great excuses, but they are what I have. The project list is getting done even if the blogging isn't.

- This weekend AJ got the pool completely taken down and we even sold it yesterday. We didn't get as much out of it as we wanted, but we got more than it just sitting in our backyard.  We still have one of the liners that the buyer didn't take with him, but AJ said someone emailed him about just buying a liner for their pond. Hopefully, that will work out otherwise we are just going to cut it up and put it out with the trash.

 - We also started painting all the interior doors. I have a post in the works for when I finish this project because it made a HUGE difference.

- AJ made new shelves for the built in DVD racks the house came with. Yay! Shelves that don't fall down if you get close to them.

- The dining room got lots of attention: new curtains hung, a shelf put up and decorated, and the sign I made hung.

- We started playing with the furniture in the den and seeing what works for that space.

- We bought the rug for the eat-in.

- I scrubbed Drew goo off the couch.

- AJ changed the oil in my car.

- We also had someone come over and give us a crazy expensive estimate (more than my car cost) to resurface our cabinets. Needless to say, we aren't going to go with that method to updating our kitchen when we finally get to that.

Looking at the to-do vs. done list it is starting to even out. Though I joked to AJ that for every one item we move to the done column I added three new to-dos. I feel like we are making really good progress. I am excited that some rooms are really coming together. Now, I just need them to stay clean enough to take pictures.


No comments: