Thursday, May 10, 2012

Drew's Hospital Adventure - 2012 part 5

It needed a push.
While we were wandering the hallways in the little red car Drew got a happy surprise.  He was sent a 'Get Well' balloon and stuffed zebra from our friend Nikki.  Nikki also spent a while IMing with me and being a great encouragement.  I needed it this afternoon.  All the stress has finally hit me and I am having a hard time with it.

I got a present.
Not long after we got told we were spending another night here.  We were told the blood work is going to take a femoral puncture and they wanted to do a bone scan.  Both of which were scheduled for in the morning.   Darn!  We were hoping to get to go home.


Our "aunt" Courtney showed up this afternoon, too.  I got Drew asleep and put him on her, and AJ and I went to grab new clothes and dinner.  She texted us about half way through and said they had just done the bone scan.  Whoops!  Apparently, it wasn't as big of a deal as they made it out to be. 

As I am writing this he is still asleep and snoring on Courtney.  The nurse said we shouldn't have anything else to do tonight.  We might have to do the weight check at midnight, but she said only if he is awake.  Hopefully, tonight will be uneventful.

2 comments:

dragon-mouse said...

Where might Luke and I be able to send something?

andbabiesmakesix said...

Anyone who is interested, I called the hospital at (407)303-5437, press 4 for more options, then ask for the gift shop. Tell them the name, they can look up the room number (full name, so use Andrew not Drew), and they can send it up :)