Thursday, May 10, 2012

Drew's Hospital Adventure - 2012 part 4

While we were waiting for the MRI Disney's Animal Kingdom came to visit.  They brought an animal show to the hospital floor.  It was a nice break.  The nurse even unhooked Drew's IV for it.  This was great because even though he didn't care much about the animals, he was thrilled to be able to just wander around.


As we were getting ready to go downstairs for the MRI Drew spiked a minor fever and we had to get tylenol into him.  We think he is cutting another tooth, which is great but the timing is poor.  He has had a border line fever the whole time we have been here.  Though, the tylenol brought his temp down to normal.

Once we got that under control we were heading out of the room and Chip and Dale appeared.  Apparently, they had come with the animal show and were walking room to room taking pictures and dropping of gift bags.  Drew looks rather stoned in the picture.  At this point had had been fasting for 12 hours and up for 4.5 hours after only sleeping 6 hours, so we are cutting him a bit of slack.

We finally got him to radiology.  While they were hooking up the anesthesia he did the breathing thing again.  That was scary because he turned blue as the medication was kicking in and I panicked a bit.  Everything was ok though.  Then we got sent to the waiting room and then back to our room to wait on him to come back.

We got the results of the MRI and everything looks normal.  We also got a heads up from the neurology nurse practitioner that his EEG looked normal except for some slowing (not sure exactly what that means, but it can be in the realm of normal).

Now we are back to waiting.  The endocrinologist ordered lab work, and we are waiting to find out when that is going to happen and if they can pull blood from the IV line or if they need to do a true draw.  This is such a game of hurry up and wait.

But, we did get to feed Drew and though he hasn't eaten solids yet, he is much happier having milk.  And from the sounds of it, AJ found his push car and is making very fast loops around the floor.


Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the MRI and EEG looked normal!! I know it's frustrating to not have answers yet, but at least you can rule out major things :) Hugs Mama!!

Molly said...

It is crazy frustrating, but at least we know it isn't any of the major scary crazy stuff. I am very thankful for that and to know it doesn't look like seizures now.