Friday, April 22, 2011

"My Time Is Getting Big" - Week 36


When I was little I used to ask my mom if I could do something (like sit in the car not in a car seat), and I would get told I had to wait until I was bigger.  I took this to mean my time would get bigger, not me.  So, one day I asked my mom if "my time was big yet?"  This then became a running joke in our family, that from then on I would have to wait until my time was big.


I have really been thinking about that lately in the context of Bug.  It is starting to really hit me that this boy is going to be here sooner rather than later.  His time is getting big and there is nothing I can do to stop it or slow it down.  Which means it is time to start making some predictions.


This is a neat site I saw someone else use for their baby, and I thought it sounded like fun.  I would love to hear what people think is going to happen with this baby.  Either post your guess to the game site or post it as a comment.  Feel free in the comments to also make guesses on his hair color, if you think he is going to have hair, and eye color.

Here is the current information as everything stands as of our weekly OB appointment, so that everyone has the same information:

Official Due Date: 5/19/2011
Gender: Boy
Rough Weight: 5.75lbs

I am already having some thinning and dilation going on.  Nothing too extreme, but things are in progress.  Though the OB doesn't expect Bug to stay in until the due date.

AJ and I have some dates we are rooting on for him to be born.  We have no clue how accurate these are going to be, but as nerds we think these would be some really fun birthdates:

May 4th - as in "May the Fourth Be With You." - Molly's choice
May 5th - 5/5 just looks like a good number - AJ's choice
May 6th - as in 5+6=11 and it fits in with my family's birthday numbers - Molly's choice
May 7th - 5, 7, 11 are sequential prime numbers - AJ's choice

I am really rooting for May 4th because I think it would be fun to have some Star Wars themed birthday parties before Bug could officially protest against them.  Then again, if he is anything like his parents he will wind up being fairly nerdy and thinking it is a great birthday.

6 comments:

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

I voted for May 4th!! :-) Maybe Bug will be swayed by my vote.

Molly said...

Yay! I am really hoping for the 4th, but AJ is starting to really think this is going to be an April baby. It is fun waiting to see what is going to happen. :D

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

I forgot to say this earlier, but I think that your baby is going to be hairless, and then blond when he does get hair. :-) And blue eyes.

Helen said...

I think your time and Bug's is getting bigger, but there is always something you have to grow into. Isn't it amazing that what comes around goes around? Momma.

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Can I change my guess? Or are you in labor? ;-)

Amy Van-Mod said...

Cograts congrats congrats!! The name is such a neat way to keep the family name in the mix while changing it up a bit. :) So happy for you guys :)