Thursday, March 17, 2011

31 Weeks



Bug has hit 31 weeks!  It is an odd number to celebrate, but I have been waiting to hear back on a couple of test and we finally got the results.  So, it has been a fun couple of days of numbers.

Bug's age: 31 weeks
Bug's weight: ~3.3lbs
Bug's length: ~16 inches
Bug's renal pelvis dilation: 9 (up from 5), but still in the mild dilation catagory
Number of current anatomy scans: 3 + 1 that we still need to do
Good pictures to show from all of anatomy scans: 0

My glucose test results: 94
My weight gain: 17 lbs
My inches gained: ~17
Times I have been told "Oh, I just thought you were fat.": 2
Times I have been told it is a girl based on how carrying: 1

Pediatricians interviewed: 2
Possible pediatrician choices: 1
Pediatricians left to interview: 1
Anesthesia classes taken: 1
Possibility of wanting an epidural now: REALLY low
Week in Hypnobabies: 4
Times Hypnobabies calming techniques have already worked: 3
Times Hypnobabies pain relief techniques have already worked: 1

It has been fun getting some of the numbers, but others not so much.  I know we are starting to enter the home stretch now.  I am considering starting a pool on when people think Bug might actually come.  I know it seems early to think about that, but I am having this really strong feeling this little boy isn't going to stay in for the full 40 weeks.  It isn't a bad feeling I am having, just a strong one.  I personally didn't stay in anywhere close to 40 weeks, and I think AJ was a bit early (not by nearly as much though).  I know this shouldn't be a predictor, but I still can't help thinking about it. I also know that he will come when he is ready to, and nothing I can really do will make that faster or slower.

6 comments:

Snark Mom said...

You've only gained 17 pounds?! That's amazing, good for you!! I've gained close to 30 and am pretty sure I am going to be over the "recommended" 35 pound limit I've read about by the time it's all over...

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Hooray! Did you lose any weight your 1st trimester? I lost 8 lbs... all total gained 25 lbs. You're doing great!! I can't wait to meet Bug. :-) I got him a gift the other day.

I totally expected a Sept baby (my due date was Aug 29th), and so was really shocked and taken aback when Savannah was born at 39 weeks on the dot. All three of us were late; I was 6 days late, so I expected the same for my baby. It will be interesting to see if this is a trend with my future kids. And I have always had that same feeling about Bug being early, too - even before you said something. Hopefully he will pick a nice birthday sometime *after* 37 weeks! :-)

Molly said...

I lost 10 lbs in 24 hours in the first trimester, and kept about 5 of it off for the whole rest of that trimester and most of the second. I know the other 5 was water weight because it came back when they pumped IVs into me. I wouldn't recommend "extreme" morning sickness to anyone!

I hate to say it, but I am hoping he comes at 35w,6d to 36w,5d. I don't want to have another anatomy scan and they want to do it at 36 weeks. I think everyone is having that feeling he is coming early, just like everyone just kinda felt he was a boy.

AJ and I have a list of days we think would make GREAT birthdays. As it gets closer I will probably post them because they are funny.

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

A friend just had a baby at 35 weeks and she had *no* NICU time. :-) So I will pray for that!! And I want to hear those funny birthdays!! Paul wanted Savannah to be born on 9/9/09, but that was 11 days past my due date... I'm glad I didn't have to do that. ;-) Why don't you want another anatomy scan?

Molly said...

I don't want another anatomy scan because of the cost (we have to pay 100% OOP right now) and they are getting uncomfortable. I have to be on my back for an hour and Bug really doesn't like the ultrasound wand. I think it might be turned up to high and he keeps trying to get away from it, and at this point he is running out of room to run.

I don't want Bug in the NICU at all, so that is good to hear. I figure if he comes out on his own he will have decided he has cooked enough. :D

AL said...

you've only gained 17 pounds? I'm super jealous!

Congrats on 17 weeks!