Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's For Dinner Jan 30 - Feb 5, 2010?


I am late getting this done for this week, and I just realized I never posted last week's menu.  I have been distracted by other things, but I have done the menu.  Last week was a wreck, but this week seems to be looking better.  Also, being a couple of days into the menu I have discovered a new recipe that I really liked (AJ liked it, too so it is going into regular rotation) - the lemon basil pork chops.

Last week was also a learning week.  I was hoping to be able to switch from shopping at Publix to shopping at Aldi.  I really like Aldi, but I don't think it is going to work for me right now.  It takes an hour each way to get there, and it means that I spend all day for grocery shopping.  Also, they don't have everything that we need.  I HATE having to hit two different grocery stores in the same week.  I tend to spend way more money when I have to go to two different stores, and that happened last week.  I think Publix has won out as my store of choice for now; it is close (about 10 minutes if I go to the nicer of the two stores that are by my house), I spent half this week that I spent last week (I stocked up on a couple of things - cereal, milk, and almond milk since they were all on sale), and they have the produce and weird canned items that I need. 

Sunday: 
Lunch - at BJ's Brewhouse with AJ's best friend
Dinner - leftovers

Monday:
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner -  lemon basil pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, and salad

Tuesday:
 Lunch - lemon basil pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, and salad
Dinner - black beans and corn over rice, and cheesy cornbread muffins

Wednesday:
Lunch - black beans and corn over rice, and cheesy cornbread muffins
Dinner -pizza casserole and corn

Thursday:
Lunch - pizza casserole and carrot sticks
Dinner - BBQ chicken, baked bean, and corn

Friday:
Lunch -  BBQ chicken, baked bean, and corn
Dinner - meeting my best friend

Saturday:
 Lunch -  sandwich and chips

How have your last couple of weeks been?  Have you ever had the battle to figure out where to shop?  What lead you to that decision?  As always, I am linking up to Org Junkie's Meal Plan Monday.


No comments: