Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is Our Baby Bug?


It looks like we are in for lots of trains, planes, 
trucks, robots, rockets, dirt and bugs! 

AJ and I are both totally excited about this news!  I think our families are just as excited! It is the first grandson on AJ's side and the first grandbaby on my side.  We have had fun trying to figure out just how nerdy we can make this little boy before he is even here. 

We do have a name picked out.  We are 95% +/- 5% confident about the name (have I mentioned I am married to an engineer?), and yes, this is how I have been telling people.  I am not publishing the name, but we are freely telling people face to face.  As long as they understand we reserve all rights to change it if he gets here and it just isn't who he is.  We are still calling him "Bug" most of the time when we talk about him.  It takes me by surprise when someone else who knows his name uses it.  I have this double-take moment of  "Wait, who is that, oh yeah..." 

I am thankful we gravitated towards more gender neutral things when we were planning!  It did take two anatomy scans to get this information, but we finally got it.  He already has a stubborn little personality.  It is funny when we have to go to get a check up for him.  He wants nothing to do with the doppler or ultrasound wand, and moves as far as possible from it.  At 27ish weeks (I can't keep track of where we are to save my life) he is fairly wiggly.  He has already kicked AJ in the head which cracked me up!  AJ was trying to see if he could hear him because the baby book said at this point we might be able to, but Bug wasn't thrilled about Daddy's big head pushing on his space and he kicked him right in the cheek.

4 comments:

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

I'm excited about my nephew!!! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a large Tonka is in order! (Ask AJ to explain.)

Molly said...

We already have a very large metal Tonka truck in the garage. I am happy it is a boy to play with it, otherwise our poor girl was going to be the biggest tom-boy ever!

dragon-mouse said...

Yay! Now I don't have to worry about accidentally spilling the beans with a Luke comment. :)

Yay Buggy Boy!