Monday, January 3, 2011

What's For Dinner?

 
One of my goals for this year is to actually meal plan our weeks.  This is something I really really really struggle with.  I am much more of a cook dinner by what we have on hand person than a meal planner.  We keep our pantry fairly well stocked so that most nights I can just see what looks good and cook that.  Unfortunately, that has been a challenge these last couple of months because of Bug.  I am not always hungry when it is dinner time, and that means that I don't want to cook.  It also means that AJ has scavenged for dinner and eaten some of the weirdest combinations of food (a can of olives and mac and cheese), and I thought I was the one supposed to eat the weird food combinations. 

Well, I managed to get a meal plan made before I went shopping this week!  I am hoping that linking to Menu Plan Mondays on I'm an Organizing Junkie will help keep me on track.  I need to get this habit down before May, and I am also hoping that it will help me build up some food stores in the freezer to have on hand for those first couple of months Bug is here.

Meal Plan for 1/2/11 - 1/8/11

Sunday :
Dinner - baked Ziti, green beans, and garlic bread

Monday:
Lunch - meet friends for lunch
Dinner - fish sticks, mac and cheese, and peas

Tuesday:
 Lunch - baked ziti and green beans
Dinner - stew beef and mashed potatoes and vegetable

Wednesday:
Lunch - stew beef and mashed potatoes and vegetable
Dinner - leftover black eyed peas and rice and corn muffins

Thursday:
Lunch - leftover black eyed peas and rice and corn muffins
Dinner - pork chops,  rice and gravy, and peas

Friday:
Lunch - pork chops,  rice and gravy, and peas
Dinner - ?

Saturday:
Lunch - leftovers aka "find your own meal"
Dinner - chicken broccoli baked potatoes

No comments: