Monday, January 24, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days Challenge - Week 3


This week has been a lot better with my reading.  I think I am finally getting a good routine established for it.  I have been reading for the first hour after I get up, and I don't let myself get distracted by anything else (well, I get breakfast to eat while I am doing my reading).  I really understood how much of a routine this has been on Sunday.  I had decided that I was going to save my reading until bedtime on Sunday because I didn't want to be overwhelmed with the reading and then church.  I missed the quiet time and Bug was not a happy little Bug.  I think Bug has gotten used to the routine, too, and was not happy about me getting up and being fairly active first thing. 

I really enjoyed the readings this week.  I am up to David becoming king.  There is a lot I have learned about all the roundabout ways that David and Saul fought each other.  I never knew how crazy it was.  I can also see a lot of the prophecy for Jesus as David is being established as king.  I think having all of this fresh in my head as I continue to read through is going to be very beneficial.  

I have also seen how even though David messed up, he was very good at repenting to God to forgive him.  It was an interesting contrast to how Saul handled things, and has provided a good example of what God wants of me.  It is a heart issue. God wants our heart above and beyond all else. 

If you want to find out more about this study, check out Mom's Toolbox.  It has been such a great thing to have all the encouragement and accountability through this! 

1 comment:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Yay! I am glad you have established a routine and that you are doing so well! Keep it up!!