Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days Challenge - Week 2


This week I had a minor snafu in my readings.  We went out of town and I didn't get the chance to stay on top of my readings.  This really wasn't a problem, but it did mean that Sunday night I had a lot of catching up to do.  I caught up, and now I am having a hard time believing that I am already up to the Book of Joshua.  

I will admit I am happy to be out of the law books.  I enjoy the readings much more when there is the story aspect to them and not the laws and repeating the laws.  I am still having a hard time when it goes into how the land was portioned between the tribes, but it is easier for the fact that it isn't chapters and chapters of the same thing. 

I am still really enjoying this challenge and I am enjoying the readings.  I am finally putting together pieces that have just been vague concepts in my head.  There are some cultural things that I have had to look up to put some of the things into perspective, but overall it has been a great experience so far.  I would definitely recommend  this style to anyone!   I had a friend describe it as "scriptural P90X" the other day, and I would really agree.  It has given me something that I really look forward to in the mornings (especially when I am in a story section because I want to know what happens next), and I feel a bit more centered.

I am sad I missed the link up party at Mom's Toolbox this week, but maybe this will help drive me to be on time with my weekly check-ins.  I just didn't want to post until I had caught up with the readings, and at this point I don't plan on getting behind again (I will know better how to plan if we travel again during the rest of the 90 days).

No comments: