Saturday, November 20, 2010

Swirling

There have been lots of things going on in my head lately, but unfortunately not a lot have wanted to come out in writing.  Maybe bullet points will at least get some of them out and help me work through them later on.

  • I have enjoyed my first week being "unemployed." Though I spent most of it sick with a sinus infection.
  • My old boss called a lot this week asking where things were and how I had done things.
  • I can see that if I don't work on setting up some routines now, I am going to fall into that pit of "I have plenty of time to do it later."
  • We had an OB appointment this week. 
    • We heard Bug's heart beat on the doppler - FINALLY! Little rascal kept hiding until now.
    • We got some of the results back from the blood work side of the test.
      • I am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis - YAY!
      • I finally know what my blood type is.
    • We are still waiting on some of the test.  Because Bug didn't cooperate we have to wait to get round two of blood work at 17 weeks to try to get some final results.
  • Ikea stinks sometimes because they are off cycle with the rest of the shopping world.  Their Christmas decoration season is mid-September through December 1.  Which means that they are almost out of all the things I wanted.  Oh well, I know for next year.
  •  I wish I knew what I wanted for Christmas, but the only things I can come up with are expensive things and I don't think I am really going to get a new couch for Christmas.
  • Heck, I wish I knew what I wanted for my birthday because that happens before Christmas.
  • I am excited about going on a Tour of Homes with my mom and her best friend in December.  They crack me up when they are together and I haven't been with them in about five years.
  • I really want to go over to Disney to see the Christmas stuff.
  • Bug has been on my mind a lot lately, namely things about dealing with stuff.  More on this later, probably.
  • We went camping last weekend.  It was fun, minus all the craziness moments.  I want to do a post on it, but I don't think I took a lot of pictures - which I meant too.
  • We are probably starting our official Christmas shopping today, my sister-in-law's family is only coming for Thanksgiving this year, so I need to get their presents together.
  • We need to find a good picture for our Christmas cards this year.  Which means, if you want a Christmas card from us, please make sure I have your address!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I was about to do a bullet point blog post today, too! :-)

It's weird, I *am* a carrier for cystic fibrosis, if I remember correctly. Which is weird because I don't know anyone in my family who has had it. I wonder if AJ is a carrier too.

I don't have my act together, and I am going to have to mail your gifts down later. Oh well.

Molly said...

LOL! Seems bullet points are the way to go today.

Cystic fibrosis is really common in European people, but since it is recessive trait both parents have to have it. I wonder if AJ is a carrier, too. But, since I am not, they won't test him.

Oh well, presents in the mail are fun, too!

dragon-mouse said...

Ooo, do a camping post! lol Share the crazy - and the photos. :)