Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Fever


I am having this crazy craving to decorate for Christmas.  This is a very unusual feeling for me because I am such a "Fall Baby".  Normally, I don't want anything to do with Christmas before my birthday is over (around Thanksgiving).  This year is totally the opposite.  I can't fathom waiting until after Thanksgiving to decorate.  I have been looking at Christmas decorations since the start of October. 

I wanted to just skip the Fall decorations this year and jump straight into Christmas decorations.  I am thinking it has something to do with the bright colors.  I plan on using red, white, grey, and black for Christmas this year.  I have been really inspired by the Scandinavian style of Christmas decorations.  I found an article in a Better Homes & Garden from last year that showed how nice this style looks.  Which works out well because last year my mom bought a lot of decorations from IKEA.  She gave them to me after Christmas because I liked the way they looked.  This helps me not have to go buy a lot this year.  There are some things I want to pick up from IKEA though.  

I want to get these extra things from Ikea:


Ornaments


 Cute little elf ornaments
 

Grass Goats


I also have a lot of little things I want to make.  

An advent calendar and cute little stars that I found at Allsorts:



I also want to try making a couple of little totems that I found at MamaRoots:



Aren't they cute? I am so looking forward to getting the house decorated with these cute little things.  I also have some fund stuff I picked up from Target last year that was in their "Woodland Chalet" collection.  I was scared that I wouldn't get to pick up anymore of those items again this year because Target has the habit of not repeating themes, but I was in the store a couple of days ago and it at least looks hopeful that they might have some stuff.  They had some tablecloths labeled  "Woodland Chalet".  That would be nice because I would really like to get a tablecloth and a runner for our buffet.  I am also mildly tempted to recover the dining room chairs again for Christmas.  IKEA has some great winter themed fabric for "cheap" at $4.99 a yard.

I am also fighting the urge to make cookies.  There are several reasons behind this - one is I am not much of a baker and two I can't stand being around food right now.  I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks things will get better and I will be able to make some cookies. 

I really am suffering from Christmas fever.  I hope it at least calms down soon, or we might be skipping the pumpkin dishes at Thanksgiving and skipping straight into stringing popcorn garlands for the stairwell.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm feeling the same way! Last year I didn't decorate at all except for a tree because of the new baby and the fact we had JUST moved. So this year I am already perusing the Christmas section in stores, thinking of Christmas cards, etc. Ah!!

Amy Van-Mod said...

Love the little ornaments in the second picture down! So cute :)