Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tonight I Want To Cry



Alone in this house LIVING ROOM again tonight
I got the TV on, the sound turned down and a bottle of wine

I've never been the kind to ever let my TRUE feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk sad enough to let got of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes
Tonight I wanna cry

Would it help if I turned a sad song on?
It's gonna hurt bad before it gets better
But I'll never get over you THROUGH THIS by hidin' this way


I've never been the kind to ever let my TRUE feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk sad enough to let got of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes
Tonight I wanna cry

(I butchered this song. The real version can be found here.) 

I am tired of being strong.  I am tired of being "happy".  I am tired of having to "laugh it off."  I am tired of being what I think everyone else wants to see.

My heart hurts and this pain is real.  I just need a place to be honest about it.  I don't really have that as an option because almost anyone I can talk to I am going to potentially hurt their feelings.  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but my nerves are raw and I don't think I could pull any punches about now.

No comments: