Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 18 - Relief


This last week I saw the doctor!  I got some major relief!  I got a shot of prednisone and a week worth of prednisone pills.  Ahhhh!!!  Things haven't been a 100% better, but they have been a lot better.  The swelling has gone down and the pain is a lot less - mostly controllable with Aleve or Advil.  I also got a 99% sure diagnosis.  I am still waiting to get the next round of blood work back before I start blogging on that, but I have been doing all kinds of research on the topic.  

Being on the medicine has really helped with the weight loss - well with getting rid of the water weight from the swelling.  I lost 2.6 lbs this week!  I have had more energy this week, too.  I have wanted to get out and do things.  That hasn't happened a lot the last month or so.  I also have lost 1 inch off my hips!  My pants are getting bigger!!!  I had to tell AJ that I couldn't wear my jeans any longer the other day because they were too big (they had also stretched out from wearing all morning) and kept falling down.

I haven't been tracking my calories as well as I should be lately either.  It has been a hit or miss lately, but for the most part I feel like I have been better at watching my portions or limiting my intake better.  That is actually what I want to happen.  I don't want to spend the rest of my life having to count calories, I want to learn to eat normally.  


Score Card:
Weekly Weight Change : -2.6 lbs
Weekly Measurements : -1 inches
Total Weight Change : -21.7 lbs
Total Measurements : -16.5 inches total body



1 comment:

dragon-mouse said...

Yay! Awesome! I'm glad you're starting to feel better and making great progress on your goal! :)