Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 16 - Pain Strikes Back!


BLARGH! I was doing well last week, but this week has been a return to pain! I was holding steady with my weight loss, too, until Sunday.  Sunday is when the pain started, and when my weight jumped up 1.5lbs (overnight).  I wanted to cry from both the gain and the pain.  I know that both are temporary set backs, but it is so frustrating!

The pain has spread to every joint this time, hips, knees, shoulders, jaw, back, and almost everywhere else.  I am even having trouble with my hands again.  I am waking up with them just throbbing in the joints.  I was trying to hold off the blog post until Wednesday to see if things would clear back up.  No such luck.  I have been pushing through the pain the last couple of days to try to ignore it, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Though, I do have an almost totally cleaned downstairs house.

I am tired of these setbacks.  Every one of them makes me want to throw in the towel and just quit.  I  know I don't have the motivation that I had when I first started, and that makes me nuts.  I want to, but I am not sure how to get that back.  I just wish I could lose the weight the way the do on tv.  
I have been watching "Loosing It With Jillian."  Last week a lady lost 74 lbs in 8 weeks. This week a husband and a wife lost 61 lbs and 41 lbs in 8 weeks, respectively.  Seeing things like that and knowing I am still struggling to get to and keep off 20 lbs in 16 weeks (double the time) makes me want to scream.  Does anyone have any real suggestions on either getting the motivation back or loosing the weight and keeping it off?

On happier notes - I measured myself again this morning and I have lost another 0.5 inches off my waist, and 0.5 inches off my hips.  All total I have lost 15.5 inches off my entire self.  That is something cool to be happy about.

Also, I have fit back into some smaller pants and jeans this week.  I am really seeing a difference in the couple of pairs of pants I did buy at the larger size. They are REALLY gappy in the waist and becoming gappy in the hips.  I am thankful that the two pair of capris I bought have drawstring waist so that I can keep wearing them without them falling off. 

Score Card:
Weekly Weight Change : +1.5 lbs
Weekly Measurements : -0.5 inch waist, -0.5 inch hips
Total Weight Change : -19.1 lbs
Total Measurements : -15.5 inches total body




No comments: