Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 15 - Back on Track

Picture credit: Toyota Hybrid

The tire here is representing two things this week. 
  1. I feel like I am closer to getting back on track. 
  2. It is a physical representation of how much weight I have loss to this point.
I have lost 1.5 lbs this week.  I really do feel like I am getting back on track.  I have gotten my calorie count back down to the 1500 range, and hopefully will finish pulling it back down to the 1200-1300 range by the end of this week.  I have gotten some days of exercise in, but it isn't "real formal" exercise (just walking around the theme parks for a day).  I plan on getting back into my workout routine this week.  I know that my back is acting up the last couple of days, so I am not sure about aerobics, but I can start walking at the house and using the weights again.

This week also marks a major point in this journey.  I have officially lost 20.6 lbs!  Did you know that the average tire weighs about 20 lbs?  I have lost a TIRE!  I also just realized that this officially puts me at 1/3 of the weight loss that I want to achieve.  In some ways that is hard to fathom, but in others I can totally believe it. 

I have been able to start wearing some of AJ's larger t-shirts.  I started this because a lot of my shirts were hanging off my shoulders.  I can also see the changes in my pants/ jeans.  Like I have said before I really didn't buy any larger clothes when I gained all the weight (I just kept shoving myself into the same old clothes), so I haven't changed a lot of my wardrobe - it is just fitting better.  I did get to wear some shorts that I had bought just before I gained all the weight and never had taken the tags off of them.  That was fun to be able to get into them (actually, they were a little big on me, but still fit well).

I will say it is still weird that I feel like I am in better shape and looking better now, even though I haven't lost all the weight that I gained last year.  I don't know what it is that is causing this feeling, but it is true.  I keep wishing that I never gained the extra 30 lbs, and had been able to lose this weight from my starting weight.  I would be a lot closer to my goal weight than I am now, but at the same time I don't think I really had the drive or the focus without the major gain and major pain problems.  It has also spurred me into paying a lot more attention to what I am eating and what foods get brought into our house.  So, maybe in the long run that 30 lb gained really was a blessing in disguise for my future health and the health of our household.


No comments: