Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 9 - Battle of Endor

 MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!

 
Today is Star Wars Day aka May 4th.  Since I am a nerd I couldn't resist the fact that today coincides with my two month celebration of being on this journey.  This is actually my birthday cake from a couple of years ago, and it still makes me smile to see it.

I thought I hit a plateau this week, so I was all prepared to shake some things up to try to break it, but apparently I am not because I lost 0.5lb!  I also took some more measurements this week, and another total of 2.5 inches off my body!  I am happy I wasn't on a plateau and it was just a bump in the road for some of the last week.  But, I think I am still going to do what I was planning to do for the plateau.

I finally bought "The Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout" DVD. Our On-Demand has cut down on the workouts from this series, and I don't like that.  I was happy to see that the DVD had some focused workouts for the upper body. I need to lose the weight around my hips & thighs, but I really don't like my upper arms.  I am excited tone try to tone those up since I am planning on wearing a sleeveless dress at the end of the month. 

I have also decided that I am going to start walking.  I have done it for the last couple of days and my time right now is at 18 minute/ mile. I know that isn't that fast (especially to my runner friends), but I like that pace and it feels good.  My goal is to get up to either 2 or 3 miles a day.  Right now I am at 1 - 1.5 miles.

I have another goal of trying to get down to 215-210 in the next two weeks.  That is going to require me to push myself, but I think I need this burst of intensity.  It is going to require a strict control on my calories and actually living up to the exercise goals I am setting. I think I can do this, I know I can at least make good progress towards it, because - 

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.  
~ Yoda




No comments: