Thursday, May 27, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 12 - Lost on Highway and Late


This is the first week I have been late getting this post up (and I mean late by days and not by hours).  We were traveling last weekend and we didn't get home until very late Tuesday night.  So, I waited until Wednesday morning to do my weigh-in. It wasn't a pretty weigh-in. I had gained 5 lbs in 5 days!!!  There was NO WAY that was accurate.  I had had a hard time eating on the trip because of food allergies for a couple of meals, and had been really paying attention to what I ate and how much I ate, so it wasn't possible that I had eaten almost 6000 calories a day.  I know that my body has a hard time with travel and adding into that spending about 30 hours in a car had my back fairly unhappy.  So, I decided to give it another day to see if that made a difference.  It did.  I am still not back to where I was before the trip, but it is closer to where I was.  In 24 hours I dropped 2.2 lbs.  Thus helping my theory that this sudden gain was water or stress, or both.

I will say I am a little disappointed with this spike, but I don't think it is permanent and I have already jumped back on the wagon with counting everything again.  I at least felt nice on this trip and was happy to get to dress up and I even wore my bathing suit to the pool without wearing my normal board shorts and rash guard shirt (the pool was empty except for us, so that didn't hurt either).  It was something I was happy about.  I even managed to do a new theme park without having to stop a lot. 

I am going to add this week to my counter, even though I really don't want to.  I know this blip is just a temporary one, but it is still part of this journey.  It doesn't make me happy to do this, but I would be lying to myself if I didn't.  Also, in case it is more than a blip I need to know that so that I can work harder and maybe next time on vacation I will have better ideas to prevent a gain.



1 comment:

becca said...

travel is sooo hard for weight loss. keep up the hard work!