Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 8



This has been an interesting week all around for me. I think I am going to do it list format just to make it easier since this post is late already:

1. I lost another 1.3 lbs. That puts me at 12.7 lbs total. Yippie!!!!

2. I discovered I was using the wrong weight officially to start the tracking. It should have been 234 and not 233. So, that is fixed on my tracker at the bottom.

3. I have lost a grand total of 8 inches off my entire body : waist - 3.5", hips - 2.5", thighs - 1", upper arms - 0.5", and neck - 0.5". 

4. I finally allowed myself to buy some clothes this last week. I needed some capri/ shorts for the summer. I don't think I have lost weight to be wearing smaller sizes, because I never allowed myself to really buy bigger clothes at my heaviest.  But even just loosing this weight makes me feel better in clothes because I know I am smaller than I was a couple of weeks ago.

5. I almost got into a size LARGE Liberty of London dress. I want a fun dress for a trip we are taking, and this one almost fits - so I bought it since they are now putting those dresses on clearance at Target. I also bought one that was an XL because it fit amazingly well right now, and I liked it (AJ really liked the way it looked on me when I showed him). The dress on the left is the one I got in large and the one on the right is the xl. Both pictures are from Target.


6. We traveled this weekend. I didn't track my calories. I survived. Actually, I think I did well because if I did go over it wasn't by much and we made an effort to eat our food. We had a hotel room with an amazing little kitchen set-up and went to Publix and bought real food to eat. That was really nice!

7. I started physical therapy. I found out that the exercise I was doing at home is almost identical to what they are having me do in therapy. Yay! I am really becoming committed to the idea of joining they local Y at the end of May. I don't want to be doing therapy and the gym right now.

8. Like I said before, I am starting to feel happier with my size. I have had to deal with the thoughts that if I hadn't ballooned up over the winter the way I did, I would be a whole heck of a lot closer to my real goal weight -  22 lbs from it. Instead of the really long way from it of 56lbs. I am making progress though, and I am excited that it isn't always easy, but a slip up here and there or a treat (I ate 1/2 a snickers and 1/2 a coke yesterday) isn't going to reverse all I have done.





No comments: