Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 5

 Yay! Holy Week is over! I work at a liturgical Lutheran church, and Holy Week is one of the two busiest and craziest weeks of my year. I get more hours in that week than I can get in some normal months. So, it has played interesting havoc on my routine and weight loss.

I did lose 1.3lbs this week. That puts me at 9lbs lost so far. So, that is a major happy! I lost another inch around my waist and I finally had some inches (1.5) in my hips. I don't know how or why the hips finally made such a dramatic move. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong with the tape measure. The reason I wonder about this is that I have re-gained  inch in both my upper arms and my thighs. I think those might have something to do with not being consistent about where I am putting the tape measure. I am trying to get better on that about making sure to go from the largest/ widest part. Also, I am not good about keeping track of the numbers until they hit either the .5 or 1 inch lines.

I had to pack my lunches and snacks last week. I actually managed to get either a piece of fruit or a veggie into every meal, and a lot of them I got a raw fruit or veggie into. That is a major accomplishment for me. The only problem to that is the lack of variety to the fruits and veggies, but I will take that small step forward. We did eat out a couple of times, and I have found out that Longhorn Steak house has a great website for their menu! I love it! AJ and I split a meal and I stayed under my calories! Also, I got to enjoy a yummy Easter dinner with his family and even eat some of a piece of Key Lime Pie.

My calorie counts were a little higher this week, but I know that is because I wasn't getting the chance to exercise the way I had been. I plan on correcting that this week. I know it is going to be rough getting back to it because I tried yesterday morning and what was tiring before really kicked my butt.

I hope everyone else had a great Easter week and things are going well for you! Anyone have any success or failures they want to share? Anyone have any ideas for pictures for next week? I ran out of ideas this morning!



3 comments:

MamaTink said...

Great job!

dax248 said...

Thanks! It is a long road, but I am going to make it this time.

Thanks for the follow, too!

Momma said...

I knew you could do it. Wonderful!