Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 3

This week has been rough. My doctor put me on a medicine that is supposed to be helpful for pain, but it has really caused havoc on me. My stomach isn't working right and all I have craved is carbs and sugar. I also feel like I am trying to function surrounded by mud. So I am really sluggish and just tired all the time.

I am proud that even with these cravings I have been sticking to my below my calorie count and I have been doing my exercising. I will say that there were several days that I was under my count by only 200 calories, but that is still under. 

I didn't loose any pounds this week, but I did loose some half inches around my waist and hips. I will gladly take that! I am glad I decided to take measurements after all.

I have done some looking around the blog world for some other ideas to help me along this journey. I really like what Donielle at Naturally Knocked Up is doing. I like the idea of cutting out junk oils (actually we already have), and the idea of cutting out refined sugars and flours. I am not 100% sure how to do that, though. The other idea I like is one raw item with each meal.

Hopefully, next week will be a little better as I get used to this medicine, or I will get taken off of it next Thursday (which is what I am hoping for).


3 comments:

Sue said...

Go girl! I hope you do better than I have. Your battle is an inspiration to me to stick with it. :-)

dragon-mouse said...

Keep it up! I've had a rotten week too! Knee pain, then sick as a dog. As a plus, not eating as much. lol There's always an upside. Go us!

dax248 said...

Sue and Jen - Thanks! I need some encouragement this week.

Sue - Stick with it! You can do it!!!

Jen - Yeah, that is a great way to look at being sick. Hope you feel better soon!