Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Week 2


This week went fairly well. I lost 2lbs. That isn't a staggering amount, but it is a good solid number, and I am sure that it isn't just water weight. I also measured around various parts of my body to be able to use that as a guide for loss on weeks that the scale doesn't show much or any movement. I have lost 1 inch around my stomach already!

I tracked almost everything that I ate this week. It gave me a really good sense of how I was doing. It also gives me a good sense of nutrition. Most days I did good on getting 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, which is a goal I have for myself. I also can see that I am still eating more "processed" foods that I would like to be, and we ate out a couple of times this week. It was a busy week in that we had friends in town and wanted to spend time with them, so we ate out. I am happy to know that even eating out I stuck to my calorie limits.

I also worked out in some way most days of this week. I will say it isn't the highest impact workouts or the hardest I have ever worked out, but I am enjoying the way I am doing it. Some days I work out a little harder and I can really feel it the next day, others I get the length and the difficulty just right and feel really good. I have used the Exercise on Demand on our cable a couple of days, and that is neat. The only problem is I can't always do what they want because of the problems I have, so those sections I just skip and keep moving in ways I can.

So, overall a good week. I am still trying to figure out how to do all of this, but this seems like a good start. I know I need to put a little more time into my meal planning, and I know I need to find ways to increase my staminia for excercise. I am hoping that with more daylight I will be able to do more outside in the afternoons. I want to start walking around the neighborhood when AJ gets home (and let him play on his rollerblades).

How are your goals coming? What are your struggles this week? What are things that worked and didn't work for you?




2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Awesome job Molly! I'm glad to see you are doing well. Don't worry about too many ups and downs, we all have them. It has taken me a long time to get used to being ok with the general trend going in the right direction. The other thing I have learned is that when you mess us, you just have to try again.

I look forward to keep reading about your journey!

dax248 said...

Thanks Meaghan! I can see the learning to handle the ups and downs as part of the lessons in this process. I am learning that I am the one who decides what a "mess up" is, and how I handle it is the real key.

This is going to be a slow journey, but I am really thankful that you are in for reading about it!