Friday, February 26, 2010

Elephant Stew


Elephant Stew



1 medium sized elephant
500 gal. water
12 bushels carrots, diced
52 stalks celery, diced
14 bushels potatos, diced
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
2 hares (rabbits) (optional)


Cut elephant up into bite-sized pieces. This should take you about 1 month so plan ahead for this recipe. Combine diced elephant with veggies in casserole dish of gigantic proportions. Cook at 375F for 4 days. Remove from oven and add garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes more. This will serve 600 guest. If more are expected, you can add the hares. This, of course should be done only as a last resort, since some people object to finding hare in their stew.
Ruby H. Nance, Marietta, GA




My mom found this recipe in a random cookbook I picked up at a garage sale. It cracked us up in the car, so I decided to share it.The cookbook it was in is just a little spiral bound church cookbook. I wish I knew if Ms. Ruby Nance had created this recipe or where she had gotten it. She had to have had a great sense of humor.  I thought everyone else could use a good laugh on how to cook elephant stew.

2 comments:

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

I'm really glad you posted this! I just happen to have some elephant meat and was wondering what to do with it. You're invited in about a month to dinner and please bring 596 of your closest friends.

dax248 said...

Sounds like fun. Let me know where you find your "casserole dish of gigantic proportions". That part cracks me up, almost something like you would here in Monty Python.