Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Projects sort of done...Couple of days out of date

NOTE : I started this post last week, but had some computer quirks in getting it posted... namely I started it on AJ's computer and that has since had some major health problem. Then my desktop crashed while I was working on it... so, I decided that I needed to give it a break.

The house has been a mess since before Christmas (yes, I know... it has been over a month), then we decided to paint. So, things have been a real wreck for a while. I have been slowly trying to tackle things, but I feel like when I make progress in one room stuff multiplies in another room. I posted on twitter yesterday that I think the only way to keep our kitchen clean is if we stopped using it. I got it all clean yesterday, dishes washes, stove cleaned, stuff put away, and floors swept and mopped. Then I cooked dinner, and all that went down the hill. Then, today I decided to do baking day (I will admit, not much of a baking day, but it is something). I made double batches of baked oatmeal and oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread. I am going to put one of each into the freezer for a future "emergency". - UPDATE: This was last week, and I pulled out the extra oatmeal and banana bread because today was a fairly off day.

I also finally got the dishes put back into the china cabinet in the dining room. Nothing to exciting there, but it needed to be done because they were all piled up on the table (the china cabinet is really heavy and hard to move when it is full). I still don't know how I am going to re-decorate the dining room with its new vintagey golden yellow. I think I have a fun idea for some wall art, but I am going to save it so I can surprise the blog world.

I also re-organized my playroom. It has been in TOTAL chaos since we got back from Christmas.

Which means that I got to actually make a project. I made a wallet. If I can get AJ's card reader I will try to post pictures soon.

I did make it to Salvation Army and one of my more favorite thrift stores. I have been having a hard time finding fabric that I want to use in decorating. So, I decided that I could find some great fabrics in clothing. I am starting to do a reverse Scarlett O'Hara thing... making curtains out of clothes.

No comments: