Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The lamp covered with a skirt.


I went to Salvation Army today. I have discovered that skirts have amazing fabric. I haven't had very good luck finding fabric that I want to use at the fabric store lately.

So, when I found this skirt I was really happy. I had planned on cutting it down to turn it into either a bag or pieces to try quilting some place mats or something similar (I do have several that I picked up today that I plan on using for that purpose). Well, imagine my surprise when I discovered that I could turn it into a lamp shade cover.



So far I really haven't done anything to the skirt other than put it over the old shade. I probably should cut it down so that it doesn't cover any of the top of the lamp (right now it has a mild over hang). I could pull the skirt down farther, but then it is too long. I don't want to cut the bottom off because it has this fun little pleated ribbon around the bottom. Not sure what I am going to do, but right now nothing. I like the way it looks. The only problem is this lamp is HUGE! It is a couple of feet high without the lamp shade. We are going to have to move the lamp to over by recliner, because we can't see the tv from the kitchen with the lamp where it is currently. Normally that wouldn't be such a bad thing, but when we are washing dishes we like to be able to watch the tv, it cuts down on some of the boredom of washing dishes.

No comments: