Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meal Planning 11/15-11/21/09

I am trying to get back in the habit of meal planning. I don't know if I honestly do better cooking with a meal plan or not, but one of my doctors has me on a specific high protein diet to try to control the pain a little better. Long complicated story, and at some point I might address it, but let me just say it isn't always pleasant (eating the stuff he wants me to or the pain). I am very limited in my fruit choices, but also in the amount that I am allowed to eat - one serving a day and NO fruit juice. EEK!

Monday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: PB & Honey & carrots
Snack: Sunflower seeds
Dinner: Shrimp scampi, corn pancakes, & collard greens

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Shrimp scampi, corn pancakes, & collard greens
Snack: Almonds
Dinner: Black eyed peas, rice, corn bread, & collards

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Black eyed peas, rice, corn bread, & collards
Snack: Walnuts
Dinner: Chicken & broccoli stir fry & rice

Thursday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Chicken & broccoli stir fry & rice
Snack: Sunflower seeds
Dinner: Shrimp & scallops w/ wine & veggies, egg noodles

Friday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: Black eyed peas, rice, corn bread, & collards
Snack: Pistachios
Dinner: Taco salad, avocado, corn

Saturday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Berries
Lunch: PB& Honey sandwich, carrots
Snack: Cashews
Dinner: Salmon patties, sour cream dill sauce, rice, green beans

Sunday:
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Berries
Lunch: Turkey sandwich, carrots
Snack: Pecans
Dinner: Potato crusted salmon fillets, rice, green beans,

2 comments:

Goddess of Random said...

Well it sounds like it's a tasty diet at least. I hope things are going okay for you, although from the sound of it things are going well (except nagging health concerns). Looks like we're staying in Gainesville for another few years... woo! :D

dax248 said...

Tasty yes, work yes, too. Maybe your bentos will start inspiring me to make my own again. In cleaning the garage I discovered I have a lot of supplies - a whole shelf full of containers and supplies.