Saturday, November 14, 2009

Attack of the Killer Garage

Today we worked on the garage for seven hours. I will admit that includes about an hour break - to eat lunch and allow AJ to deal with some issues that came up at work today. Somehow I really thought it would get done a lot earlier than it did today.

We had a minor wreck in there, oh ok, a major wreck. We have been trying to come up with a game plan on how we want the garage. We have to have it function as both storage and workshop for AJ. Note, that no where is it really a big deal on getting a car in there. Well, at least to me. AJ wants to be able to park my car in the garage, but I have never pulled a car into a garage. We also need to get a garage door opener. AJ's parents are giving us their old one, so we have access to one, but we need the garage clean before we can tackle that.

We also wanted to re-arrange where AJ's workspace was in the garage. So, besides just unpacking boxes, moving shelves, putting stuff into containers (which we found on a great clearance at Target for $2.50 each, normally $6 for the size we got), we had to move all the heavy duty tools and machines.

Well, seven hours later we got it almost all done. There are still a couple of boxes that we need to go through later. Most of them are AJ's that have paperwork and memory stuff. I have one that is a giant mess of stuff that I have no clue what to do with (this is excluding the fact that I have 3 boxes in my craft room that are more like AJ's - they just aren't in the garage). There are a few things that we found that need to come inside, and some pillows that we just ran out of steam to tackle. We could pull my car into the garage. That is just amazing. We now have a pile of boxes that is almost as tall as me, sweet!


1 comment:

Sue said...

The first house we bought had a garage, and I had never pulled a car into a garage either. I was scared that I was going to run into the side. It sure was nice in the winter, though.