Recap of the last year:
- AJ gets hired in Orlando. Molly still stuck in Gainesville.
- Molly quits working at UF after 7 years.
- Get an apartment. Decent place, but not the greatest. Miss the flat in Gainesville.
- A/C dies in apartment for 2 months.
- Molly gets part time job at Blue Man Group.
- AJ returns to working at Universal part time, also.
- Paid off all credit card debt ($3,000)
-Apartmetment becomes infested with bugs and continues until April 09.
- Molly gets full time job at UCF. Still working at BMG, also.
- AJ finally gets hired on full time at JBT. Still working at Universal.
- Molly stops working at BMG thinking that UCF is a stable job.
- Molly quits UCF job due to INSANE supervisor. Decides being a stay at home wife is where she is supposed to be.
- Paid off AJ's first student loan ($4,000)
- Molly breaks foot.
- Start planning major Disney trip to celebrate being out of debt.
- Molly gets job as a church secretary, part time.
- Paid off AJ's second (and last student loan) ($8,000)
- Decided that now might be the time to start looking at buying a house.
- Find the house we want, and put in an offer.
- Deal with major issues on getting the house. (Had an inspector say the house was unliveable because we didn't have a piece of baseboard, carpet transitions, and the carpets were dirty.)
- Finally closed on the house on April 15. File taxes and get house credit.
- Start moving into the house.
- DISNEY TRIP. The best vacation I have had in a long time.
- House starting to look like a house and not a box wearhouse.
I love the being in the house. It is definately the right thing for AJ and I at the right time. When we had to go back to the apartment to clean it before we turned the keys in I was really sad. Not because I was sad for leaving, but at how bad the apartment really was. When I was there the AC started pouring water out of the intake vent. I opened the cover and water gushed out, the filter was soaked, and the motor was "chugging" again. I was glad to be leaving that fight behind.
I want to start posting pictures of the new house as I get projects done. I need to take some pictures tomorrow.
I have the dining room almost done, I just need to center the furniture and find some curtains. I still want to paint the dining room a nice teal color, and use this fun fabric I found as the table cloth or curtains. But for now, that is down the road.
I did work on the kitchenette yesterday. The table had been a black and white polka dot and the chairs were a pretty bright red. I really loved this theme, but it didn't work in the new house. I tried and tried to figure out how to make it work, but it was to modern looking to fit into the house. So, I had been looking on the internet for ideas. I found something I really liked, and I have been searching for something similar.
I found these great pineapple curtains at Wal-Mart. They are part of the Better Homes and Garden collection. I also painted the table and chairs to match the new theme better. The table is a bright white, and the chairs are a sun shiney yellow. I also found this amazingly cute little clay bird at Lowe's. We are hunting a nice corner cabinet to put in the kitchenette to display AJ's collection of theme park glasses (that is the only way they are getting put into the kitchen, because last time they were exposed to the air and they got all grimey). Our kitchenette doesn't look like the inspiration picture at all, but that is why it is an inspiration picture and not a copy of it.