Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random Thoughts On Cooking In The New House

I have been thinking about cooking in the new house. I have also been cooking a lot in the new house. So, now I have some random observations:

1. I like cooking even more now. I didn't think that was possible, but apparently it is. 
2. I LOVE having space to play with my food. 
3. I don't use near the kitchen "gadget" appliances that I thought I would. We dedicated the entire inside of the island to appliances, and I have only pulled one thing out of it - the collander and that doesn't even count as an appliance.
4. Lamb is a very sticky meat. It also is one of my least favorite things to clean.
5. I like chopping vegetables... makes me wonder why I don't eat them as often.
6. I baked! I actually baked something other than food, not that cupcakes aren't food, but well they aren't hearty food. I am not a baker. 
7. I love having my own stove that I know hasn't been abused. That also means that the oven holds a temperature, and the burners WORK!
8. I am learning not to cook on high on burners. I think it has something to do with the fact that they actually work on a setting other than high.
9. I love having my cookbooks by the kitchen. I feel inspired to try new things.
10. I got to really cook for my parents. I think that it stunned them that I really have learned to cook. They have never really gotten to eat with me because there was never really any place for us to sit down and enjoy a meal together. 

No comments: