Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rain!

Yesterday we got rain at the house. Thank goodness, we needed the rain so badly. The grass looks green today instead of the nasty burned brown look. I need to go check on my tomato plants. They were looking pitiful yesterday when I got home and I was going to water them, but by the time I could water them (water restrictions down here) it was raining.

Watching the lightning from the living room windows was awesome. I am really liking the views that the triple sliding doors gives us. I need to find some kind of curtains to go in that space though. I don't like the plastic vertical blinds. Actually, I really hate plastic vertical blinds. It is a symptom of living in apartments for too long, they just make me feel like I am in a cheap/ sterile environment.

On a side note, the rain did not help my head. I have a really bad sinus infection. I went to the doctor and he checked my ears (which are hurting really bad). Apparently my ear drums are so retracted that my ear bones are projected out through the membrane. Yikes! No wonder I haven't been able to hear lately and they have been throbbing.

No comments: