Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WFMW - Silicone Bakeware


I love my silicone bakeware. AJ and I had put it on our wedding registry, but didn't get it. So when Target sent us our competition coupon I decided I really wanted to get this (and our camping tent, but that is another story).

The kit I got has everything shown to the left. The two items that I am so in love with are the cookie sheet liner and the muffin baking pan. We use the cookie sheet liner at almost every dinner meal in our house. Yay for tater tots not sticking to the cookie sheet anymore. Making biscuits is a lot nicer now too. Having the nifty muffin pan means I have been baking muffins about once a week now.

I love the fact that everything comes off or out of the pans. I even made meatloaf one night in the loaf pan. I was so happy when the whole thing just popped right out (I don't trust my big brothers not to cut through the silicone had I left it in there). I was also amazed at how nicely the meatloaf cleaned up out of the pan. Normally it takes forever and day with lots of elbow grease to clean out the sticky meatloaf saucy topping, but this just wiped out with hot water and a sponge (and soap of course). Before these I had switch to disposable loaf pans for meatloaf, and now I wouldn't go back.

The other great thing about this bakeware is that it is completely dishwasher safe. I have washed it on the top and bottom racks and they come out clean. The baking sheet liner folds in half and fits on the bottom rack with the plates, sweet!

So silicone bakeware is my Works for Me Wednesday

3 comments:

mindi said...

Great idea, I'm off to pick up some new bakeware! I dislike the sheets that stick, and it's been driving me batty!

dax248 said...

The best way to get it cheap is to wait until after a holiday and then get the holiday themed bakeware. Yay for clearance items!

CC said...

I'm so jealous you got all of this as a set!!! I have one loaf pan and one cookie liner and one muffin "tin". Wish I had all that!