Monday, April 7, 2008

Super Speedy Hubby

Currently UF is in the midst of having its first ever "Fastest Man on Campus". Well AJ decided to try out for it. On Thursday he ran a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds. Let me just say - "WOW". Honestly, I can't fathom moving that fast, but I know my hubby is a quick. I have seen him pitch a softball and then get to the back field to catch it, so in some ways I am not surprised... I just have never had an actual time to put to his quickness. (Side note: I am hoping our kids aren't that fast because mommy can't chase them down.)


Well I just got news that AJ qualifies for the finals. I think that means he races against the top 30 people from 2 try out dates, then the fastest 5 get to run against the UF football player at the Spring Exhibition game. Want to know the cooler parts? AJ's mom is coming up for the game, and ESPN is going to be covering the game on GAMEDAY (it is the first time they have ever done that). Wouldn't it be awesome if AJ got to run with his mom there and maybe be on gameday?

(I realize this picture isn't of him running. I have to wait until Thursday to get those, but I thought this might show how fast he is just to get that kind of height on a jump.)

2 comments:

Amy Van Nada said...

Nice. Keep us updated.

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Haha and to think that I used to chase him around the playground when we were little...