Monday, April 21, 2008

Back on Weight Watchers- sort of

I have decided to start doing Weight Watchers again. I have been tossing the idea around in my head for a couple of weeks, but last week I had to go to the doctor and get weighed. That was depressing. I officially reached my heaviest weight on written record - 225. So that really got my brain thinking, what can I do that is healthy and something I can really stick to? Well that idea simmered in my head for a couple of days until I read my sister-in-law's blog, and she has joined a gym and was mentioning Weight Watchers. Well that prompted me to dig out all of my nifty stuff... my points sliders, cookbooks, and food journals.

I got to looking at what I had accomplished in the past. I lost about 40lbs in 30 weeks. It wasn't a rapid weight loss, but it was really healthy and very controlled. I never got down to the weight that they said I should be of about 145, but honestly I don't think my body can get to that weight again. I did get down to about 180, and honestly I looked great. I was wearing a men's size 34 pants... considering I have child bearing hips from here to eternity, I was majorly happy. Want to know something sad? AJ is now wearing some of the size 32 pants that I had bought with the hope of getting into them (they are a little to big for him, but with a belt they are fine).

So my goal is to get back down to 170-185 (yes it is a huge range, but one I am comfortable setting now and we will see how it goes when I get close to it). I am not officially joining back up because it just isn't in my budget, but since I have everything that I used in the past I think I can do it at home. The only thing that we have to get for this is happy stickers to put on my weight chart. Stickers make me do things I am not normally crazy about. I swear I am not four years old anymore, I just act it.

I am really proud of myself. I "unofficially" started yesterday. Unofficially because I wanted to get started before I went grocery shopping. I did really well with my points until I went to Bible study... there was some very very yummy chocolate derby pie. I only had a little piece, and it was worth it.

I officially started today. So far so good. I walked to earn an extra 3 points (45 minutes total hard walking - all total walking today I walked 6.91 miles). I have a total of 31 points to eat today because I am doing the point cycling. Where one day you eat your minimum points and then the next you eat your maximum. It is supposed to keep your body guessing how much it is going to get and help prevent plateaus. I don't know how true that is for me, but I am willing to try it. So tomorrow I am supposed to eat 26.

Extra points are kinda fun. You get to bank them, or use them if you need to. So say I was to eat 34 points today after all... no harm done because I had 3 extra points from exercise. They only hard thing is that if you exercise below your minimum points you have to eat back up to them. Your body has to have a certain amount to keep going or else your body thinks you are starving and then no weight loss, and I really don't want that.

My goal is to kinda keep a posted record on here of how I am doing so that if it looks like I am falling off the bandwagon people can yell at me and get me back on track.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats on getting back into the swing of things. I've been back on for three weeks and have been going to meetings. That's the key for me. Never say never!

dax248 said...

Thanks Donna. I need all the support I can get. How are you doing being back on it for three weeks?

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dax248 said...

Yeah, I wish I had it in our budget to just throw out everything and start at square one. I know that this way is going to take way more effort, but until AJ graduates and gets a job this is the best I have. That is why I am turning to the online world to kick my butt into shape. :)

Emily said...

I'm sorry my derby pie messed up your points. But I'm really glad you liked it!

dax248 said...

Emily, that pie was so worth it. I agree with Betty, "As we like to call it, yummy pie." Ahh... *happy memories*