Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 2

Day 2

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the
Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold
on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil" (1 Thessalonians 5:16--22).


Everything needs to be offered up in prayer. The good, the bad, the ugly. Even blogger when it is making you want to put your foot through the screen. I forget that a lot. That everything is from God and it needs to be given back up to him. The things that hurt, are painful, are dreary and drudgery are all things that I need to be joyful in. I think part of the problem I have with that is that it is so contrary to my human nature. How can anything that is painful be joyful? Then I think of all the things that hurt that have a good ending... Heartbreak, child birth, life in general. Without the pain how would I grow? Nothing can stay the same and change can not happen in a static environment.

I was talking to someone about my job situation the other day and they brought up the point that change has to occur. I agreed with them. They used the example of a "lover", that "we just need to change them up every once in a while and a job is a lot like that." I couldn't disagree more on the example they used, but I have to agree on the needing to change things up a bit. That is what today's devotional is all about. The changes that need to be made in my prayer life. It seems like God is really talking to me in this area, but then again I have been slacking on it.

I came to a hard realization last night. I am trying to rely on my own self to bring a peace and a calm that I can not give to me. Silly as it may seem, I think that I can force myself to calm down at night and that that will make me have a good nights sleep. I am still having a hard time fighting that notion because the last few nights I have been passing out and staying asleep until the alarm goes off. To counter that though I have been extremely exhausted. I have/ had gotten out of the habit of praying right before I went to sleep. I don't know when that happened, but it has been in the last couple of weeks... Actually it started when the pain in my side started.

DIDN'T Finish today.

No comments: